Thursday, July 4, 2019

5 K Barefoot Jog

July 4, 2019
5 K: 29:44.39

I ran 5 K near near my house after coming back home from work. My legs were heavy, and I didn't feel like going out, but I hit the road anyway. My soles felt a bit sore from interval training on the previous night. But the discomfort soon disappeared around 17 minutes into running. My body felt lighter and lighter with each step. But then before reaching 4 K, I suddenly felt exhausted, and a mere prospect of going farther than 5 K seemed too much for the night.

Ordinarily I would have pushed myself through this kind of reluctance, hoping for my motivation to come up again. But tonight it didn't seem like a good idea, because I was expecting a big seminar in Sendai tomorrow, and any small sign of fatigue during the seminar should be strictly avoided.

I changed the route, and headed straight back home. When I stopped my watch on arriving home, it said 29:33.35. It's not a lot of work, but is still better than nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment