Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday Morning Workout

May 12, 2019

It's been a while since I started trying to run before breakfast, but this morning I was just too tired to do anything without having something to eat. I had a brutally tough schedule on Friday, and I just couldn't recoup enough after 8 hours of sleep on Saturday night. So I had a solid breakfast of fruits, veggies, grilled fish, and brown rice. I relaxed for a couple of hours as I watched a Japanese chess match on NHK. When the program was over, I got out to wash my Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 ABS.


When that was done, I felt fully awake and ready to hit the park to work out. I quickly got changed into my exercise gear and walked to the park in bare feet with an old tire in my right hand.


There were already quite a few groups of people. Some were families, and others were kids or young people. Some were on a picnic, and others were playing catch.

I found myself a little open space and started throwing the tire. After doing 15 throws both forward and backward, I did 4 sprints across the park. I used to do it in shoes. But I enjoy doing it in bare feet these days. It just feels irresistibly refreshing to run on the grass barefooted. I can never imagine doing it in shoes again unless I have good reason, such as that the park is covered with thumbtacks or else, like there is a sign that says, "No Shoes, No Running."

At the fifth sprint, I felt bonked out, and gave up.

I jogged around the track inside the park 6 times to cover 3 K. 

Finally I did tire runs, where you hold the tire with both your arms above your head, and run for 30 seconds. You take a 15-second rest, and repeat until you get bonked out. It took four runs before I ran out of gas. 

I walked back home with the tire in my hand, feeling refreshed.

After taking a shower, I went to a local grocery store to buy tomatoes, and a few kinds of green veggies. I also got two tomato seedlings and planted them in the backyard of my home.

Tonight I want to have a long-run session.

No comments:

Post a Comment