Friday, May 3, 2019

Suburban Cross Country?

May 2, 2019
Jog: 27:34.07
650 M: 2:30.32
Jog: 1:13.69
Total 31:18.08

I ran on Thursday morning. Running in the morning is something I've been trying to do more often recently. I'm nocturnal. So it's not easy for me to be active right after I get up. But there have been many benefits reported of running before even having breakfast. Plus, that's what my athletic hero Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya and his teammates do. So I want to give it a try.

I had gone to bed in running wear on the previous night, so as soon as I climbed out of bed (or Japanese 'futon' to be more precise), I put my feet into a pair of split-toe minimalist shoes MUTEKI, and hit the road.

I left home without any specific route in mind. I just followed my nose. It was fun to explore streets that had not been previously run very often. It made my mind alert and sensitive. Some of the streets were familiar paths that I had walked numerous times in my younger days to go to my junior high school. They brought back some past memories...

I went through many inclines. It was a pleasant surprise that there are so many good inclines in unexplored parts of my neighborhood. I thought I should run them more often.

After running for about 25 minutes, I was back around the park near my house. I did one fast run around it to stimulate my legs and cardio.

The park was filled with locals, mostly elderlies, doing radio calisthenics. I was surprised to see so many active elderlies. In fact, I saw quite a few elderlies taking a walk while I was running. Many were men. They looked like lonely widowers. They were doing their best to stay in shape. Ten or twenty years down the road I'll be one of them?     

No comments:

Post a Comment