Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Barefoot New Interval Training: 3 Sets by 2.2 K With 30-Second Rest

May 15, 2019
Warm Up 4.1 K: 27:22.44
<Intervals: Target Pace=4:30/K=9:54/2.2 K>
2.2 K: 9:52.75
Rest: 30.80
2.2 K: 9:15.66
Rest: 30.36
2.2 K: 9:00.76
Warm Down 4.1 K: 26:23.10
Total 14.8 K: 1:22:55

It's that time of the week again--interval night! The goal tonight is to run 2.2 K at 4:30/K pace, rest only for 30 seconds, and repeat it two more times.


My legs were heavy and I was reluctant at first, but as I jogged to the Kashiwai Water Treatment Plant, I felt warmer, and my legs started feeling lighter. 


By the time I reached the water plant, I was totally ready to go for the first set, so I started off immediately without taking any rest after reaching one of the corner of the park across from the plant where there is a water tap available. 


I paid particular attention to my running economy. I especially focused on friction between the sole and the road surface. Increased friction is a sign of inefficiency. It can later result in hypersensitivity in the sole.

Luckily both soles withstood three sets of fast run, I came home with undamaged soles. It's a great improvement, compared with the days when I would do intervals in minimalist running shoes for sole protection. Tomorrow I will jog for an hour. But first I want to take a walk in the morning to loosen up my leg muscles that will have been tense from the training tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment