Friday, April 22, 2016

Weekend Morning 3 K Run

Today is Saturday.
I have a much earlier start than usual.
So in the past I would normally go straight to work after breakfast.
But today I ran in the park near my house.
When I exercise in the morning, I usually start doing it without eating anything because I usually feel fully charged with fuel from the meal from the previous night.
The only thing I always have, though, is a glass of water so as not to get dehydrated.

When I reached the park, it was already populated with quite a few locals, lots of them elderly, and some slightly younger.

I ran around the 500 M track 6 times at my full marathon pace of between 5:20 and 5:40.

The result of the exercise this morning is as follows:
1st K: 5:38
2nd K: 5:24
3rd K: 5:16

After the exercise I quickly hit a shower and had a large piece of apple, avocado with dried nori seaweed, and a mix of soy and regular milk for breakfast.

It was just a short workout for 16 minutes and a half, but I feel significantly more energized now than I usually do when I do not do any exercise in the morning.

I hope to carry on with it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment