Thursday, April 21, 2016

Midnight 3 K Run in the Rain

After coming home from work I ran 3 K in the rain.
It's funny I did it, because in the past I would normally skip my running training
when it rained.
I changed my attitude
when I ran the most challenging marathon race this past Sunday
in a condition that was pretty much equal to a typhoon at some points.
When it starts raining in a race, 
you have no choice but run through the rain.
Even if winds blow like crazy, you must continue to run against them.
Run I did to the finish this past Sunday though a combination of heavy and cold rains
and strong winds and cramped leg muscles and pain in the knee
nearly made me call it quits.
The experience made me realize 
that rain isn't reason enough not to run.
So I decided to run tonight though it was still raining slightly.
How was it?
Oh, it was hundred times easier than Sunday's race!
Not just because the distance was much, much shorter,
but also because I no longer have that mental block
that rain is something you should avoid if you can.
No. I no longer think that way.
That rain is something you just live with is how I see rain now.
Therefore I will run, come rain or shine.

Today's result is as follows:

0~650 M: 3:26
650~1300 M: 3:22
1300~1950 M: 3:10
1950~2600 M: 3:12
2600~3250 M: 3:12



No comments:

Post a Comment