Friday, April 15, 2016

3K Run (Last Training Before Kasumigaura Marathon 2016)

On April 16, Saturday, I did a 3 K run in the morning.
This marks the last training scheduled before Kasumigaura Marathon on April 17.
I aimed at my 10 K pace of 4:30/K for all of the three Ks I ran.
The purpose of this training is to stimulate my leg muscles
as well as cardio-vascular system.
The distance is limited to 3 K so as not to create unrecoverable fatigue.

Today's result is as follows:
Warm Up: (1) a short walk + jog for a couple of minutes; (2) 30 seconds of jumping jacks;
              (3) 30 seconds of high knees
1st K: 4:16
2nd K: 4:26
3rd K: 4:19
Cool Down: a short walk back home for a few minutes.

After hitting a shower I had 'hatsugatsuo' or lean spring bonito sashimi, brown rice, and 'udo' picked from my backyard cooked in sweet and salty sauce with 'wakame' seaweed, sliced onion, and beaten egg. Tonight I am going to eat two to three servings of curry and rice to fully load myself with enough energy to run 42.195 K.

No comments:

Post a Comment