Monday, April 25, 2016

Body Weight Muscle Training and Cruise Ks

To begin a new week with I did body weight muscle training and cruise Ks.

I began with two cardio warm up exercises: high knees and jumping jacks.
I did each of them for one minute. I usually do it only for 30 seconds,
but yesterday I saw a You Tube video by a monstrously ripped black dude,
and he recommended it for one minute, so I did it.
Jumping jack was all right, but doing high knees for one minute wasn't easy.
The last ten seconds were all low knees, I must admit.

Once the cardio warm-up was over, I changed the gear and cranked up the intensity
to do 36 dive bombs,
I began with 12 reps, and after that progressively decreased the number of reps
first to 10, and then to 8, and finally to 6 with only a short rest of 8 seconds between reps.
I could feel my shoulders and tri-ceps burning after that.

I then went to a small kids' park across the street to do lying pull-ups.
I did 72 of them.
The approach is exactly the same as in dive bombs,
except that with lying pull-ups I did two sets with a short rest of 30 seconds between sets.

I could feel my bi-ceps and back really tense and sore after finishing it.

Finally I went back to the quarter pie-shaped road next to the park to wrap up my workout this morning with cruise Ks.
I ran 3 K as usual.
Today's result is as follows:
1st K: 5:44.
Rest: 30 seconds
2nd K: 5:35
Rest: 30 seconds
3rd K: 5:40

When the running training was over, my stomach was flat, and I felt two pounds lighter.
I walked back home, took a quick shower, and had my usual breakfast
consisting of fresh fruits and veggies.
Today I had some fresh parsley, half a grapefruit, a whole avocado and dried nori seaweed, half an apple, some nuts and raisins, a glass of regular milk and soy milk, and a quarter of a melon, and a small piece of bread with cream cheese and nuts in it, and a cup of coffee.

By the time I finished it all, I had felt like a terminator ready to smash a bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment