Monday, April 25, 2016

Barefoot Run

I ran barefoot tonight.
I ran around the usual quarter-pie-shaped 650 M road near my house five times
to cover 3250 M.

Tonight's result is as follows:
0~650 M: 3:36
650~1300 M: 3:19
1300~1950 M: 3:11
1950~2600 M: 3:07
2600~3250 M: 3:08

The first lap is significantly slower than the following laps.
This is because it took time to get used to this new attempt.
The first few hundred meters were quite uncomfortable,
mostly because that part of the road had a poor condition;
the surface of the pavement is less smooth than the remaining part of the road.
But once that part was over, I felt less uncomfortable.

Barefoot running was more pleasant than I thought
because weight of shoes is non-existent.

Barefoot running was also beneficial,
because your body intuitively selects the most comfortable and efficient running form for you.
Even if I eventually choose to continue to run in shoes in official races,
I may be able to fine-tune my running form that is more efficient
even when I run in shoes.
I am thrilled to think about all the new possibilities that can spring out of this new attempt of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment