Monday, November 29, 2021

Midnight Body Weight Circuit Training: 5 Sets by 6 Exercise for 30 Sec with 15-Sec Rest Between Sets and Exercises

Nov. 29, 2021

I was originally planning to hit the road on my roadracer tonight. But something unexpected happened. It took up a significant amount of time. As a result, I had very limited time left for me to do workout. So, instead of going for a one-hour bike ride, I chose to do something slightly more intensive and shorter in duration than a one-hour bike ride.

The traning regimen that I chose to do tonight is body weight circuit training. It's good for me in more ways than one:

1) You need no equipment (except a towel for a few isometoric exercises).

2) You can ensure variety.  You can freely decide what exercises and how many sets of them you do depending on which muscle groups you want to hit, as well as how energetic you feel. Tonight I chose 6 exercises to hit core, back, shoulder, tri-ceps, inner thighs, and quads. 

3) You can rest your motivation every 30 seconds. With circuit training, there is a short rest of 15 seconds after intensively doing an exercise for 30 seconds. This way, you can stay active for a fairly long time.

4) You can efficiently burn many calories. Sweat is a good indicator of how many calories you burn. Even if you work out for a long time, if the total amount of sweat produced by your body is small, probably you have burned only a small amount of calories. On the other hand, even when your training time is short, if you sweat a lot, you probably have burned many calories. Body weight circuit training that I did tonight made me sweat a lot! That shows how large the total number of calories was relative to the amount of spent on it: 22.5 minute.

In the training tonight I hit the muscles that I usually don't focus on, such as inner thighs, and flanks. I am afraid they are going to feel sore in a day or two. What that happens, let's celebrate because it shows that they worked. 




No comments:

Post a Comment