Saturday, December 4, 2021

Midnight 11.8 K Jog

Dec. 4, 2021

11.8 K: 1:10:15


For the first time in 132 days I ran longer than 3 kilometers. It was pain free. I am glad. I ran very carefully so as not to hurt my recovering knee. I took short strides. I landed softly on my midfoot. I kept a steady pace, and didn't inject the pace at all. I took even shorter strides when climbing hills, and never increased the pace when going downhill. There was slight discomfort here and there, but overall I hadn't lost much of my running economy. My cardio didn't seem to keep up with the sudden re-start of running, but because the pace was easy, it wasn't much of a problem tonight.  

While running, I gazed up at the stars, and the Orion was clear in the sky, with Sirius forming the beautiful Winter Triangle together with Petelgeuse and Procyon.  Goodness me! How much I missed this feeling, cutting through the cold air of December, winter star constellations cheering me on from above. I am so happy to be back on the road again!





No comments:

Post a Comment