Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Midnight Bike Ride for Rehabilitation

Nov. 10, 2021

21.8 K: 1:03:41

I rode my chrome molybdenum steel road-racer tonight. It's heavier than my aluminum bike. But it's more comfortable as the material has greater ability to absorb shock than aluminum. 


Though a chrome molybdenum steel bike is far heavier than some of the latest road racers made of the latest material, that is carbon, the total silhouette of a typical chrome molybdenum steel bike is sexier than that of a typical carbon bike because of its generally thinner composite parts. 


When I cruise along the road on my chrome molybdenum steel bike, I feel like I have become one of the competitors in the Tour de France in the 80s. Back then, athletes were generally more muscular because there still didn't exist a carbon bike, and it required the riders both greater leg and arm strength to drive forward their vehicles which are very heavy by today's standard. 

But as I said in one of my previous posts, heavy is good, because I mainly ride for the purpose of strengthening my legs. 

I feel more comfortable than the last time cycling with cleated shoes. Once you get the hang of them, it's a lot easier to transmit your power onto the vehicle with cleated shoes. 

I have a cycle computer on my chrome bike, so I can tell how fast I am going, and how far I have covered, and so on. The display shows the battery is low. I need to hit a dollar shop tomorrow to buy a couple of button batteries. 



No comments:

Post a Comment