Monday, November 1, 2021

Midnight Bike Ride for Rehabilitation

Nov.1, 2021

21.8 K: 57:19.00


It's been a week since I last rode my bike. I don't remember why I didn't ride it for such a long time, but one thing that changed when I got my left knee injured is I stopped pushing myself too much when I was not in a mood to work out. Tonight I was in a mood, so I hit the road. 

I was afraid I had become a little unfit from a week of absence from cardio workout. But I was wrong. I felt very energetic. I found it easier than before to climb hills, and I cruised on flats on heavy gears with ease.

I slashed nearly 8 minutes from the previous two records for riding the same distance. I covered in less than hour what used to take me more than an hour. And I don't feel like I pushed myself that much. I feel I'm slowly recovering my cardio capacity. 

Next time I would like to cover 31.8 K and see how long it takes. Once I get used to that distance, my next milestone is riding a full marathon distance. I haven't entirely given up my hope of running a full marathon in bare feet again. So, I want to cover the distance on bike so as not to forget the feel for it.     




No comments:

Post a Comment