Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Midnight Barefoot Rehabilitation

Nov. 9, 2021
Walked 500 M in bare feet in 5:56.87
Ran 3. 5 K in bare feet in 22:47.36
Total 4 K: 28:44.23


Walking in bare feet is one of my favorite activities. It feels good. It is a pure joy to directly feel the earth on your sole. What gives me even greater joy, though, is running in bare feet. But this one of my greatest joys of all had long been taken away from me due to medial meniscus injury. 

It's been more than three months since. I visited my doc friend’s orthopedic clinic to have it taken care of. Though I have little problem with most of my daily activities, I got a hyaluronic acid injection into the knee because the doc friend recommended it. It took only a second. In fact, it took me ten times longer to take off my jeans and running tights I had on under the jeans for extra warmth while riding my motorcycle. 

He says it takes 5 shots in total. And there has to be a week-long interval between shots. So, I guess I need to come back to his clinic a week from now. He says I'd feel a noticeable difference after the third shot on. We'll see...

Meanwhile, 3.5 K jog tonight was a tremendously refreshing session. I realized how much I had missed that metronomic beat of running. Covering 3.5 K in a little more than 20 minutes seem like a good start just like a 10 K bike ride a good transition from the almost no long-slow-cardio phase into some long-slow-cardio phase. 

I am planning to mix cycling and light jogging to slowly build leg strength.  

No comments:

Post a Comment