Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Today's Rehabilitation: Tire Throw & Bike Ride

Nov. 3, 2021

100 tire throws: 17:51.64

I did tire throws today. It had been a while since I did it last. My mind-body was craving for that explosiveness in the activity which is largely absent in long-slow cardio such as bike-ride. After the session I felt like I was engulfed in a sea of endorphin.


21.8 K bike ride: 56:11.27


I wrapped up my day off with a bike ride. I rode the same course that I had ridden two nights before. I maintained the same fast pace to cover the same distance in less than an hour like I had done it in the previous session. My thighs felt strong enough to cruise for a long time on a heavy gear. I feel increasingly confident about my steady recovery. I feel more used to speeding on downhills. But I must be careful. Sometimes the speed reaches nearly 40km/h. If I fall at that speed, it can easily lead to a major injury. I must balance between fitness and safety. 

I will continue my cycling training as a substitute for running while doing strength training and upper body high intensity cardio in order to maintain my overall fitness.


No comments:

Post a Comment