Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Midnight Barefoot Jog Combined with Body Weight Muscle Training

Nov. 18, 2020

It was warm for the season. I dressed lightly. It's been a while since I last hit the road in bare feet. The course tonight is very poorly-maintained, and not very friendly to a barefooted runner. But nevertheless I went out without shoes, because I wanted to test my endurance. Or to be more precise, the endurance of my soles. 


As expected, much of the out and return course tonight was not comfortable to run on. But this discomfort is exactly what I asked for. Only outside the boundary of your comfort zone can you meet a stronger version of yourself. So I kept telling myself, I lapped the course twice to cover 14 K. 

Though 14 K is more than I usually jog for a daily routine, it didn't feel so long, mainly because the course is rich in undulation and landscape varies significantly along the way. 

Tonight I did some body weight muscle training in a park at the turn point of the our and return course. There are monkey bars there. I did pull-ups and chin-ups to hit lats, forearms, and bi-ceps. There is a significant amount of core engagement while holding a good hanging posture, also. 

I ate like a horse after coming home from training.


3.5 K: 20:27.87
Body weight muscle training: 7:16.08
3.5 K: 20:59.88
3.5 K: 20:29.58
Body weight muscle training: 7:48.16
3.5 K: 20:54.72
Total 14 K: 1:37:56











No comments:

Post a Comment