Wednesday, November 25, 2020

9.9 K Barefoot Jog & Body Weight Upper Body Training

Nov. 25, 2020

3.7 K: 20:15.18

Body Weight Upper Body Training: 12:55.24

Pull-ups, Chin-ups, Single-hand push-ups

3.7 K: 20:33.20

2.5 K: 13:27.44

Total 9.9 K: 1:07:11

I completed the first draft of a project whose deadline is next Monday. It will be checked by the boss, and needs revising after that. But nonetheless I am a little ahead of schedule. To celebrate the early completion I went out for a short barefoot jog. 


The road was wet from the rain in the daytime and felt chilly on the sole, but after running for a few minutes, both of the soles got numb to it. 


I did some body weight exercise in the park at the halfway point of the out and return course. I hit my upper body using the monkey bars and did some single-hand push-ups to hit the chest and core. 

I took a slightly different route to the park tonight. The road surface is a little smoother on the new route, but that adds to a little more distance, 200 meters or so. The slope is less steep than in the previous route. 


I ran a 2.5 K loop after running the out and return course to cover 9.9 K. The sole feels just a little bit sore, but I didn't get any blister mainly because the pace wasn't so fast. I checked my form carefully when climbing a hill. I tend to slouch when I get tired. I kept that in check, and push my belly forward and kept my torso upright. I also tried not to hop much, because that exhausts more energy than you should in your calves. In a short run, it doesn't cause much trouble, but in a marathon you end up paying a huge price in the last quarter of the race.  






No comments:

Post a Comment