Saturday, November 28, 2020

10 K Tempo Run (Target=4:35/K)

Nov. 28, 2020

Warm Up 0.7 K: 3:57.02

2.5 K: 11:49.06 (+22)

2.5 K: 11:40.93 (+13)

2.5 K: 11:31.36 (+4)

2.5 K: 11:24.56 (-3)

Subtotal 10 K: 46:25.91

Warm Down 2.02 K: 11:24.56

Total 12:72 K: 1:03:17

The biggest limiting factor in self-development is self-doubt. The fear that you are not getting better for all your effort deprives you of motivation. The easiest way to prove you are wrong is to put yourself to a test, to do what you did in the past now and compare the results. As simple as that.


But that's easier said than done. One side of you is reluctant to do it, because it does not want to face the reality that you are not able to do what we were able to do in the past. It'd hurt your ego. But if you accept this side of you, and avoid facing the reality, there is no growth. The door to improvement is forever shut. 


So you need to listen to yet another side of you. It says, "What have you got to lose? After all, no single human being can continue to physically grow stronger forever. Even if you reach a watershed, and from that point on all you do is descent, there is no shame in it. All great athlete go through it" This is the realist side of me. I listened to it today, and decided to put myself to the test, whether I'd do it well or not.

The result? Better than I thought. I felt certain that my training is getting results. Slowly but surely I am getting strong enough to hold a faster pace longer. 











No comments:

Post a Comment