Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Rainy Night 10 K Jog in Aqua Shoes

July 1, 2020
11.7 K: 1:03:46
1 K: 4:04.16
Total 12.7 K: 1:07:50 

It was wow! Simply wow! No sooner had I hit the road than it started raining cats and dogs! For a moment I thought of heading back. But I kept on going until I covered the distance I had originally planned to cover.


In fact, running in the rain isn't as bad as you may think. It can be kind of fun. The worst part of a rainy day run is that you shoes get soaked. But I ran in aqua shoes tonight, which never absorb rain. It drains it because the sole is meshed.

家から浄水場

Visibility was poor, which sucked. But that didn't cause much of a safety problem, because there was hardly any traffic late at night. 


I felt a bit cold when I started running, but when the body temperature reasonably rose ten, twenty minutes into running, I felt perfectly comfortable running in the ran, temperature-wise, except that visibility remained rather poor throughout the journey with rain drops covering my glasses, and sometimes falling straight into my eyes behind the glasses.

I kicked in the last K as I always try when I can, to run it in 4:04.







No comments:

Post a Comment