Friday, July 3, 2020

Rainy Midnight 10 K Barefoot Jog

July 3, 2020
10.5 K: 1:00:12


I ran in the rain with no shoes on. It felt awesome. I had no energy in the afternoon. The tempo run on the previous night took a toll on my whole body. I took a nap for a few hours in the late afternoon. I wasn't entirely refreshed even after the nap. But soon after dinner I finally felt like getting out to hit the road. 

It was raining only slightly when I left home. But as time went by, the rain got heavier and heavier. Soon puddles turned up across the road. But it didn't bother me at all as I was barefooted.

I felt light at first. But about 3 kilometers into running, I felt my internal organs, especially the cardio-vascular system, were still a bit fatigued. I slowed down and kept a comfortable pace. 

Looking back on it, I have been pushing myself a little too hard over the course of few months. The main reason is my new goal of running a sub-3.25 marathon (running a marathon under 3 hours 15 minutes). I raised the hurdle of intervals and tempo run, both of which are a must, of course. But then I made my jogging pace faster too. Now I realize that jogging is an important component of my overall training in that it is kind of an active rest between two hard speed sessions. So it's got to be easy. If it's not easy enough, my body continues to be strained, with little time for full recovery. 

I am going to use "jogging" in a more positive way. Hopefully, this will help improve my performance in the tempo run.  


No comments:

Post a Comment