Thursday, September 26, 2019

1-Hour Barefoot Jog

Sept. 26, 2019
11.68 K: 1:01:46

I ran more than 10 K in bare feet after a long time. I didn't run barefoot much before the race on 15th to avoid injury just before the race. After the race my right foot hurt a little. I gave it a rest awhile. When I ran, I put shoes on. Tonight I finally felt reasonably recovered for the first time after the race, so I test-ran without shoe.
The soles were mostly pain-free, and the legs felt a lot lighter than before the race. Overall I feel the stability in my running form, both sagittal and frontal, has increased. I feel more confident about increasing running distance gradually without compromising on the pace. 
Tomorrow I would like to jog in a new pair of aqua shoes, which I'm planning to wear next January when I run the Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2020 to aim for my PR for the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment