Sunday, September 8, 2019

100-Minute Jog

Sept. 9, 2019
15.1 K: 1:41:07

Six days until Kyoho no Oka 20 K Road Race. I was scheduled to jog for 90 minutes yesterday, but I was invited to dinner by a friend of mine after a long time, and we enjoyed having some beer, so I canceled the training, and did it today.

A typhoon hit my area early this morning, but it's gone by noon. I was hoping that the storm would carry away summer heat with it, but unfortunately it didn't. It's still hot and humid.

I ran in aqua shoes above. It has little cushioning, but gives the sole minimum protection. Any cause of injury should be strictly avoided at this stage of preparation.
I chose to run a hilly 5.1 K course between home and AEON Town Yukarigaoka, and added the 5 K loop below.

I took many water breaks along the way. There are quite a few parks where tap water is available. I was drenched when I came home. But it was a good simulation of the race. It will be held in lingering late summer heat. And there are countless hills. Some are unbelievably long, and others ridiculously steep. The only difference is that the distance is longer, and I will be running a lot faster. And I am ready for both challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment