Thursday, September 19, 2019

Barefoot Hill Interval Training

Sept. 19, 2019
3 K: 17:13.34
Rest: 1:01.22
3 K: 13:44.39
Rest: 1:00.65
2 K: 11:26.64
Total 8 K: 44:26.24 

I had interval training scheduled last night. But I was so sleepy when I got home from work that I postponed it till tonight.
Thanks to a good rest on the previous night, I felt recuperated, up for a challenge. I hit the road in bare feet, heading for the hilly 1 K shuttle course  2 K from home.

After jogging 3 K, I rested for a minute. When the short break was over, I set off for a 3 K fast run, which consists of 3 laps of a 1 K hilly stretch. (See below.) The target was 13:30.  
I finished at 13:44, falling short of the target. 

I was just going to do one 2 K run, and one 1 K run, but then when the first 3 K run was over, I felt my right toe had swollen. There was a dull pain there too. To be on the safe side, I cancelled the remaining two fast runs, and jogged back home. The swelling seemed subsiding as time went by. When I got home, the pain was almost gone. It had been slightly damaged in the race this past Sunday. And I'm afraid I made it worse by overusing it before it fully recovered. I should either wear shoes when I do fast runs, or avoid fast runs and spend my time doing LSD until it's fully healed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment