Friday, September 6, 2019

60-Minute Barefoot Jog

Sept. 6, 2019
10.5 K: 1:01:25

With 9 days until my first road race in the second half of this year, I went for a slow run in bare feet. It's been quite a long while since I ran barefooted last. I treated a blister in the ball of my right foot, and it took weeks for it to heal enough to walk without discomfort. I'm planning to run barefoot in the race, so it was a test run.

Frankly, it was better than I had expected. It was largely pain-free. I stepped on a small edgy pebble a few times, and those were out right painful, but other than that I just cruised along the entire one hour very very pleasantly.


Tomorrow is a big day. I'm scheduled to do a 10 K pace run @ 4:55/K. I'm going to do it using a flat 2.5 K loop, and I'm running in MUTEKI just to be on the safe side. If I should get injured, it may not heal by the race. 


No comments:

Post a Comment