Wednesday, October 3, 2018

HIIT Followed by a 8 K Hill Jog in MUTEKI

Oct. 3, 2018

I had a one-hour jog scheduled for tonight, but when I came home from work, I just could bring myself to do long-slow cardio. I wanted to do something a bit more intensive. But I didn't want to get myself too tired because I have intervals scheduled for tomorrow night. After tossing around a few options, I decided to do HIIT, or high intensity interval training using an old tire. It's a total body workout hitting legs, core, chest, shoulders, traps, bi-ceps, and back. One routine is made up of one push-up, two arm-curls and tire raises, five mountain climbers, and five leg lunges. You keep on doing it for one minute and rest for fifteen seconds before you begin another set. Today I did ten sets. 
After HIIT, I jogged 8 K in MUTEKI, or split-toe minimalist shoes, in 48:28. I felt my legs pretty heavy at first, but after running about 3 K, I started feeling lighter. I was already pretty exhausted from HIIT, but as long as I kept a comfortable pace, I could keep on running without much difficulty. But since I have intervals tomorrow, I decided not to push myself too much so that I would recover for tomorrow's challenging training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment