Sunday, October 7, 2018

24 K Barefoot Run on a Hilly Course

Oct. 7, 2018

With exactly two weeks to go before Aqua Line Marathon 2018, I ran a slightly longer distance than on weekdays: 24 K. Originally, I couldn't decide between 30 K and 20 K. In my original plan, I was to run 30 K. But then when I took another look at the running guide by former ultra marathon world record holder Mr. Sunada, he recommended 20 K two weekends before the race. I took halfway, and settled for 24 K.

I ran my favorite hilly 6 K shuttle course. My goal was to run at near-race pace. My PR is 3:43:08 from Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2018. Should I run at the same pace as that from this race, my time will be roughly 2:07:00. But I was shoe-clad at that time. And tonight I was barefooted. So that factor was expected to slow me down a bit, because I was going to have to run very carefully not to damage my soles. So naturally, the first lap was the worst of four. But I picked up the pace in the next lap, maintained the same pace in the third, and finished strongly in the last, shedding almost a minute off the lap that immediately preceded.

Here are the laps for the training tonight:
1st 6 K: 34:32.85
2nd 6 K: 33:59.48
3rd 6 K: 33:38.94
4th 6 K: 32:19.38
Total 24 K: 2:14:30

Tomorrow I'm going to give myself a good rest, doing only some stretching. On Tuesday and Wednesday I'll probably jog 10 K or so. Thursday I'll definitely do my last intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment