Monday, October 29, 2018

Barefoot Run: 2 Sets by 8.5 K

Oct. 29, 2018
8.5 K: 44:39.65
Rest: 4:19.57
8.5 K: 41:14.96
Total 17 K: 1:30:14
(Below is the link to a slideshow of my first barefoot marathon, Aqua Line Marathon 2018.
https://youtu.be/d-PqyRJfjIM)


Tonight I tried a 8.5 K course by combining a 2.5 K loop and a 6 K shuttle course. I think it's going to be my new unit of calculating my total running distance. Two times this unit is 17 K. Three times is 25.5 K. Four times is 34 K. Five times is 42.5 K. When I prepare for a half marathon, I will try to get used to running it three times. When I prepare for a 30 K race, four times. And when it comes to a full marathon, five times. The logic is that if I'm used to running the distance shorter than the race distance, the race will be relatively easier.

In today's practice run, there was a rest between two runs. I took a water break, and also a pee break. They were not going to take so much time, but then when I went inside home, a figure staking program was on, and a Japanese athlete was about to start her performance, and Madam Fumiko went on and on about how good she had been in her short program, so I stayed there awhile to see her complete her first combination jumps. She was good. 

Once I got back on the road, I accelerated right away. My purpose of taking a short break after a 8.5 run is to reset motivation. It's like interval training. When you know a brief rest awaits, you can push yourself harder a little more easily. 

My sole didn't seem to be affected by a faster pace, It had become tougher through the Aqua Line Marathon. It's a confidence booster. 

I felt light and strong as I approached the end of the second run. It's the same feeling I had when I increased my pace after passing the 10 mark in the previous race. At that time that sudden increase in pace took a toll on my left hamstring, and resulted in a halt. I will never let that happen again. I am determined to run strongly throughout the race next January. How am I going to do it? Right now what I have in mind is getting used to slowly increasing the pace throughout the 5 sets of 8.5 K, where the 5th lap is the fastest of all.    


No comments:

Post a Comment