Saturday, February 4, 2017

Weekend 15 K Run

I ran 15 K on Sunday. It was drizzling. But that didn't stop me.
I ran a 7.5 K route two reps in MUTEKI: minimalist split-toe shoes by traditional tabi socks maker KINEYA.

The goal of today's session is to slowly condition myself for the Ohme 30 K Road Race on Feb. 19. I was temporarily burned out after completing Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2017 last Sunday. It was this past Thursday that I finally restarted my running training. I began with 7.5 K. Running a long distance right away could produce sub-conscious resistance, and be counter-productive. So I started with a goal that's reasonably manageable. It worked.

In today's session, I wanted to go slow at first and then gradually build up. That I did. My lap for the first 7.5 K was 39:36.57. My second lap was 38:01.31. I surged tremendously in the last 500 meters. I was totally out of breath when I reached home. I could hear my heart bounding like crazy. It felt as if my whole body was a heart. But it wasn't such a bad feeling. I love finishing strongly. I took a quick shower and dried myself. I had a glass of water. And then another. Nothing seemed to taste better than water after a good running session.

Today's result is shown below:
1st 7.5 K: 39:36.57
2nd 7.5 K: 38:01.31
Total 15 K: 1:17:36

My next training session is tomorrow. I am going to slowly run 22.5 K. It's part of my plan to slowly condition my body to longer distance. It is going to be followed by two intensive sessions whose main focus is on speed. It is going to be then followed by a week of cool-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment