Friday, February 17, 2017

Final Conditioning Session for the Ohme 30 K Road Race: 3 K Pace Run

Two days to go before the Ohme 30 K Road Race.
With no trace of fatigue left in my legs from the 7.5 K build up training this past Wednesday, I am ready to hit the road one last time before the race tonight.
Tonight's training is 3 K pace run.
In this training I do three 1 K repeats with no rest, keeping my half marathon pace of 4:50/K in all three sets. The main purpose is just to stimulate my cardio and leg muscles. At this stage you cannot expect any significant gain in terms of speed nor endurance no matter what you do. Plus, doing too much of anything has a risk of leaving unrecoverable fatigue in your legs, and therefore should be strictly avoided. It's a still night with little wind just like this past Wednesday. I am going to enjoy every step of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment