Thursday, February 2, 2017

7.5 K Jog

I ran 7.5 K after work tonight.
It was my first training session after Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2017 this past Sunday.
I gave myself three days of rest. There was no pain nor discomfort in my legs.
I even started feeling a little fidgety. I figured it was time to restart training.
Tonight's session was the first of a series of sessions leading to Ohme 30 K Road Race
that takes place on Feb. 19 in the City of Ohme, Tokyo.
It is one of the most well-known long distance races in Japan.
This year's is the 51th. I made my debut six years ago in 2011
when it was 45th. Since then my time had continued to deteriorate for two years.
And then it started to improve in the last two races.
Last year in the 50th memorial race I was finally able to finish under 2 hours and 30 minutes (net).
This year my goal is more finishing strongly in split-toe minimalist running shoes MUTEKI
than beating my previous PB.
With that I'm already quite confident because I completed the full marathon in Tateyama
in MUTEKI already.
But it was a full marathon. The coming race is 30 K. The pace is a lot faster.
It's a different sort of challenge.
So my strategy is to first warm up myself. Tonight's session was done for that purpose.
I am then going to increase the distance gradually.
And a week before the race I'm going to finalize my training
with some speed-oriented sessions.
I will have been very much ready when all the training is done.

Tonight's result is as follows:
2.5 K: 13:31.71
2:5 K: 13:20.78 / 26:52.49
2.5 K: 12:26.26 / 39:18.65
Total 7.5 K: 39:18.65

My next training session is this Sunday.
I am going to run 15 K. I'm going to run a fairly challenging 7.5 K course with lots of undulation two laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment