Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Post-Work One-Hour Bike Ride for Rehabilitation

Oct. 27, 2021

21.8 K: 1:05:49 


It was such an awesome day today. It started with some in-bed lying leg workout that I had begun a few weeks before as a way to avoid further complication of my left knee issue. Former physical trainer for the New York Mets, Jeff Cavaliere says in one of his You Tube videos that a knee injury is primary caused by some abnormal tension onto the knee joint, and it often stems from a weakness in the hip joint. The leg workout mentioned above focuses just on that, the hip joint. What I do is that I bend one of my knees and spread it wide outward, and then bring it back inward as I eventually straighten the knee and squeeze the leg farther inward so that the inner thigh contracts. I do it 20 reps with both right and left legs. 

Two lessons that I taught in the evening were both great. I had an awesome time listening to my students. They seemed to have fun also. 

I got a video recorded for a coming corporate seminar. It is one of my top priorities for this week. So, its completion means a lot to me. 

Then finally, I wrapped up the day with an hour-long bike ride as I listened to my favorite audio, Brian Tracy's "Eat That Frog", which guides you out of an ineffective habit of procrastination and constant frustration of constantly feeling buried with work.  The gist of his lecture is this: get on with the most important and relevant task first till you complete it no matter how challenging it may be, instead of giving in to the temptation of finishing small and easy, but insignificant tasks at first.  


No comments:

Post a Comment