Sunday, October 17, 2021

Midnight Half-Hour Bike Ride for Rehabilitation

Oct. 17, 2021

11.8 K: 33:28.27

The rain is gone. The moon is out. The rainy clouds carried with them the residual humidity of the autumnal rainy season. What is left behind is chilly and crisp air of mid fall. It was in this crisp cold air that I rode my bike into tonight.  


After doing interval training on bike yesterday I gained confidence in my ability to do more cardio workout that involves dynamic leg movements of greater intensity and resistance. 


As my doc friend suggested cycling as an athletic activity more friendly to my injured left knee, there is little discomfort with kicking the pedal with my left foot, not just on flat roads, but also when climbing hills. 


Today I only covered 11.8 K in 33 minutes. But soon I would like to make an hour of long slow cardio my daily routine just as I used to before injury. 




No comments:

Post a Comment