Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Midnight Bike Ride

Oct. 20, 2021

17:62 K: 57:01


I went out for a bike ride after work tonight. It was for a little less than an hour. I rode the one in the pic. It's one of the two road racers I have. The one I rode on my previous ride is aluminum. This one is chromium molybdenum steel. It's heavier than aluminum, but more flexible. It's superior to aluminum in its ability to absorb shock. I prefer this bike to the other bike, though I tend to ride the other one more often because this bike requires me to put on cycling shoes with cleats. It's too much hassle for a casual ride. But tonight I put on proper cycling shoes and hit the road on the chrome bike just because I wanted to get the feel for it after a long time. 

It took a while to get used to setting the cleat on the holder. I also almost forgot to release the cleat when making a stop, and almost fell on the side. 

Traffic was minimum since it's midnight, but it was scary at times because some car drivers passed me without keeping a safe distance off me. I learned to stop to let cars go and to start kicking the pedals again after they were gone. You don't want an accident, especially on a no-manned road past midnight.

I extended the riding distance from 11.8 K to a little more than 17 K. Total riding time almost reached an hour. Still far from my standard in terms of the expected training duration for long slow cardio exercise. But it's a good and steady improvement from the previous ride. 

I hope to ride for an hour next time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment