Thursday, October 7, 2021

Annual Check-Up Results and New Lifestyle

Oct. 8, 2021

My typical breakfast

The result of my annual medical check-up came back a couple of weeks ago. It was straight As. I feel relieved. Before the check-ups, a couple things had been on my mind. One, my sleep had been shorter and more frequently disrupted than in the previous year. Two, my left knee injury had kept me from running for quite a while. So how would that affect the check-up results…? The result shows that I have little to worry about. That is good news. I hope to stay healthy so that I can continue to enjoy what I do for a living.

 

Until my next annual, though, I feel I need to make a few minor adjustments in my life. This need comes from a few major changes that happened in my life over the last couple of weeks.

 

One is relocation of my office. My company moved into a smaller office at the beginning of October. It’s in a quiet neighborhood where you can see a forbidding-looking fence of the American Embassy across a small street. It’s a 10-minute walk from Metro Tameikesanno Station, halfway through an underpass and the rest of the way outside.

 

This has created a fairly different situation from what the previous office offered to me which was 30 seconds from the nearest station exit! An extra 10 minutes of walk gives me an extra 1.5 K walk as well as 20 minutes of oral & aural training in English daily sole during my commuting time. Though the extra distance forces me to leave home a little earlier than usual, I take the longer commute as an opportunity for self-discipline and personal development.

 

The second major change in my life that accompanies the relocation of office is working from home. I now work from home far more often than before. This has a striking impact on my overall lifestyle. For example, it gives me 3 to 4 more hours at home. If you are a fulltime housekeeper, you know what extra 3 to 4 hours enable you to do. I have a number of activities that I want to schedule in this newly created time slot. I would like to write about it some other time, because I must get off the train in a few minutes' time. Till then.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment