Thursday, April 1, 2021

11.4 K Jog

Apr. 1, 2021

11.4 K: 1:03:05

It was such a relaxing day today. The last of four 5-hour teacher seminars was finally over yesterday. Today I had a day off. I slept late, and started my day with a light breakfast of oatmeal with nuts, raisins and chopped kumquat. 

Shortly before noon, I hopped on my Kawasaki and headed for Togane City. The sky wasn't cloudless, but it was sunny enough for a pleasant motorbike ride.

I stopped by a farm stand in Yatomi Town, Sakura City. I bought a bundle of warabi and a Japanese yam 40 cm long. 

I got some work done at McDonald's on Route 126 in Togane. It's one of the best McDonald's restaurants that I've ever been to. It's spacious. There are many outlets. Windows are large and it's bright inside. The parking lot is huge. There is a space exclusively for motorcycles, with each lot large enough for a massive Harley-Davidson. 

The route between home and Togane is perfect for a bike ride. Some of the roads are rather narrow. But you have only a limited number of traffic lights in much of the way. So although they are 35 kilometers apart, it takes less than an hour to travel unless you are caught in a bad traffic jam. Today I wasn't caught in any. 

I had both the warabi and the Japanese yam that I had bought from the farm stand for dinner. They were exquisite. 

Having fully recharged my mindbody's batteries, I felt like hitting the road this time on my feet, not on my Kawasaki. I jogged my tempo run route at an easy pace for about an hour. It's been a while since I ran last. I felt clumsy at first. But about 45 minutes into it, I found my legs rolling on like an automaton. 





No comments:

Post a Comment