Sunday, April 11, 2021

Midnight 10.6 K Barefoot Jog

Apr. 11, 2021

10.6 K: 57:30.30

It was a very fulfilling Sunday. It started with a very healthy home-made breakfast of grilled veggies. After learning Spanish for about an hour after breakfast, I went for a motorbike ride to a farm stand in Yatomi, Sakura City. I bought a decent length of 'jinenjo' yam, several small round pieces of rice cake with wild chrysanthemum mixed in, a boundle of 'fuki' plant, and sweet potatoes. 

I drove on to a McDonald's in Togane City, and relaxed for a couple of hours. 

On my way home I saw a bamboo forest and found two small bamboo shoots. I cooked both as soon as I got home, because I wanted to eat them while they were fresh. They were exquisite. 

After dinner I had a mental rehearsal for a corporate seminar tomorrow. Once it was done, I finally felt completely relaxed, and found myself in a mood for a run. 

It was a bit chilly for early April, but I got out in bare feet and ran for about an hour.  My body felt a bit heavy at first as I had only run a short distance on and off over the last couple of weeks. But about half an hour in I found my rhythm and settled into pace

I could have gone for another few kilometers, but I didn't, because calling it a day before it becomes painful is a good way to stay motivated. 









No comments:

Post a Comment