Monday, November 25, 2019

One-Hour Recovery Run

Nov. 25, 2019
Warm up 750 M: 4:23.56
2.5 K: 14:34.37
2.5 K: 14:13.60
2.5 K: 14:35.83
2.5 K: 14:25.33
Warm down 750 M: 4:26.82
11.5 K: 1:06:39

Six days to go before the race. I cruised around a 2.5 K loop near my home four times to check my running form as well as to relax the tension in the leg muscles resulting from the tempo run on the previous day. 

The course in the next race is pretty much flat. It's a shuttle course with little change in landscape, though it's all along the coast line and the view of the Pacific Ocean can be enjoyed from time to time. Water & food stations are frequently available and famous local sweets are offered at some of them, though I won't be bothered to enjoy many of them.  

I watched a video showing the course the other day, and have a pretty clear picture of how I want to run the race. I will probably go easy until the first turning point in Enoshima. It will be only after halfway that I will pick up the pace just a little bit. Even then, though, the pace increase will be very slight. I will be very patient until after 31.5 K where the 10th water station is supposed to be. 

I will then shift the gear and increase cadence. Once the finish area is visible on the right on my way to the second turning point in Ninomiya, I will increase the pace further. And then after the turning point, I will take off my aqua shoes and put on a spurt for the last two kilometers, hopefully overtaking those clad in NIKE's Next%.



No comments:

Post a Comment