Tuesday, November 26, 2019

One-Hour Jog in the Rain

Nov. 27, 2019
12.03 K: 1:02:00

Five more days to go before the Shonan Kokusai Marathon 2019. I've been roughly following the tapering method recommended by former ultra-marathon world best record holder Mr. Takahiro Sunada, and what he recommends five days before the race is one-hour jog, so that's what I did. 

It started raining just before I left home. I thought it perfect for acclimating myself for potential bad weather on the race day.

I put on a pair of 100-yen flip-flops turned into semi-handmade huaraches. 


I was planning to run at  6:30/K, but before I knew I was going a lot faster. When I almost finished running the 10.5 K loop below, it was still 8 minutes till one hour, so I ran an extra couple of kilometers to run just a little over one hour.


I felt a slight tension in the left calf. I gave it a thorough massage after taking a shower. I might skip running tomorrow, and do core training instead, just to rest my legs a little.  


No comments:

Post a Comment