Thursday, November 28, 2019

1 K @ 4:30 Sandwiched with a 20-Minute Jog

Nov. 28, 2019

Warm up 3.5 K: 20:20.56
Rest: 30.28
1 K Fast Run: 3:59.41
Warm down 3.5 K: 20:52.20
Total 8 K: 45:42.45

With three days until the race, this is the last speed training. I jogged for 20 minutes before a fast K @ 4:30 pace. I ran carefully not to further damage the left calf that had lingering tension. I clocked 3:59.41. I was surprised, because I didn't feel like I was going fast. I even slowed down a little toward the end. And yet I finished under 4 minutes. I guess my cardio has gotten a lot stronger from running the Yotsukaido Gas Light 10 K Road Race.             


I was originally planning to do two fast runs, but after the first run, I felt a slight discomfort in the left calf, so I switched to jogging. As I jogged carefully so that stress on the calf would be minimum.

After taking a shower, I fueled myself  amply, and massaged both calves thoroughly. Hopefully, they will have been pain-free by tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow if I can get up early enough, I may go for a walk for 20 minutes and do some park work out. If I don't, I'll just run for 30 minutes or so, and the last stage of tapering before the race will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment