Saturday, August 31, 2019

15. 6 K Run in Huaraches

Aug. 31, 2019
6.3 K: 32:06.02
5 K: 25:05.86
4.3 K: 23:52.65
Total: 15.6 K: 1:21.52.65

I ran 15.6 K in a pair of haraches I had made with flip-flops from a dollar shop. It was OK. The sole is too fluffy for me, but I wore them to protect the painful area, so it worked favorably for that purpose tonight.


I jogged the first 6.3 K at a comfortable pace. I ran carefully not to damage the blistered area. 


Once I reached the 5 K loop in Yuhkarigaoka, I picked up the pace to aim for 4:55/K. If I kept the pace, I would make it at 24:35. I returned in 25:05. I was about 5 seconds slower than the target pace per K. But considering I had not run for 11 days until yesterday, I thought I could pat myself on the shouder.


Ordinarily I would increase the pace even further for the remaining 4.3 K, making it solid build-up training. But tonight I was pretty much burned out after the 5 K pace run, so I slowly jogged back home, enjoying the exhilarating feeling after the sustained faster paced attempt.


After taking a shower, I relaxed on the sofa and checked the blister. It was still slightly painful, but the surface looked soft and dead, so I tried to cut it off with scissors. It required several attempts, but most of the dead skin was removed. The new skin underneath looked thin and pinkish, and fairly sensitive, but I gathered it will be normal in a week or so. I am pretty sure I won't have any problem with the sole when I ran my first official race in Race Season 2019-2020 on Sept 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment