Sunday, August 18, 2019

Barefoot 6 K Pace Run

Aug. 18, 2019
6 K: 29:28.99


In order to run a sub-3.5 marathon, I must run each K in 4:55. I need be used to this pace. And I need to be able to repeat the lap 42 times. Tonight I ran at that pace for 6 K. My pacing was nearly perfect. But I was drenched with sweat. Repeating it five more times seems next to impossible at least now. But the race day is in early December. The temperature will be a lot lower. It won't be this tiring.

Tonight I was originally planning to run 18 K, hoping to run the last 6 K @ 4:30. But I ran out of gas. It may be due to the speed training I did in the morning. Also, I had a little too much to eat for dinner, especially too much fiber. 

Tomorrow I want to do pace run again. But I'm also interested in doing 6 K repeats with a short rest between sets, where I run the first set in 30:00, the following two sets in 29:30, and the last set in 27:30. This way I can reset my motivation after each 6 K run, and can have a go at another with renewed motivation. I'm not going to work out in the morning. I will run at night. I will save energy until then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment