Friday, August 16, 2019

Pre-5-hour Seminar 30-Minute Barefoot Run

Aug. 17, 2019
5 K: 27:19.05
1 K: 3:40.64
Total 6 K: 30:59.69




Today I have the last of five 5-hour seminars held over a period of five days. It starts at 10:30 a.m.

So that I can make a good start, I hit the road to get my heart pumping and blood running.

I ran 6 K in bare feet. I ran a hilly shuttle course to get ready for the first official race of my 2019-2020 race season. It's held in September. It has an altitude difference of over 300 M between the start and finish point.

In the first half with the sun on my back, and in the second with it on my face, I had such a refreshing session.

To apply the advice by late Yoshio Koide who trained Sydney Olympics women's marathon gold medalist Ms. Naoko Takahashi, I injected the pace significantly in the last 1 K to run it in 3:40.64. I was a bit surprised how fast I ran, because I didn't feel like I was running that fast, which is a good sign.  A pace that used to be impossible to sustain for a kilometer has become not entirely unmanageable. I feel I'm getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment