Sunday, April 29, 2018

My Holiday Projects: Test Rides & Barefoot LSD

The Golden Week holidays started. I have two projects. One is half-done. The other is just finished. The first project is test-riding a couple of large motor cycles. One is the Honda Rebel 500. I went to the Funabashi location of Honda Dream and test-rode it for about 15 minutes. It was a pleasant ride, and I was strongly convinced that the parallel-twin engine is the one for me, not the V-twin that is typical of Harley Davidson bikes. The sound is light and easy on my ears. However, the 500 cc displacement didn't feel powerful enough for me as I was used to riding a 750 cc bike at driving school.


The other project is barefoot LSD. This training session aims to develop my ability to sustain a low-intensity cardio-vascular activity for a long time. It also aims to toughen my soles. With a race season over, my mind is set for the next season. I am hoping to increase the distance I can over in bare feet. I already ran an entire 10 K race barefooted last year. So I want to at least run one half-marathon with no shoes. But ideally, I want to run all races in bare feet. But some races are scheduled with only a week apart, so if I should get injured in one, I may have to cancel the other. So I am not sure yet. Today I ran 18 K in 1:47.38. I could have run more as far as my cardio went, and I should have done so by wearing shoes now as I look back on it. There would have been greater cardio-vascular benefit. But I didn't just because my soles got sore. Next time, I will continue to run at least until I hit two hours by wearing shoes when the soles get sore.


Now that I have taken a shower and feel like a new man, I will leave home to check out a couple of motor cycle shops to see the other bike I want to test-ride: the Kawasaki Vulcan S 650. I will write my impression when I get home tonight. Till then!





No comments:

Post a Comment