Sunday, April 8, 2018

High Intensity Cardio Followed by a 6 K Barefoot Run


I did 7 sets of one-minute high intensity cardio using an old tire. The purpose of this training is to strength my cardio-vascular capacity. 
https://youtu.be/-j3kiSr_Ggg

After that I ran 6 K in bare feet. It was the third barefoot run after the Sakura Marathon. The time was the best out of three tonight: 31:07.65.

Experts say that it's a good idea to do long slow cardio such as running after using up much of the glycogen in your muscles, because your body has no choice but tap into your fat reserve for energy source to sustain the slow cardio activity. I'm not sure if it was the case tonight, but one thing I noticed was that as soon as I started running I was already sufficiently warmed up, so it was easy for me to pick up the pace. I may want to stick to this combination for a while: high intensity cardio first, and long slow cardio after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment