Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thursday Night 2.5 K Run

Eleven days have passed since the 10 K road race in Yotsukaido.
I'd had a few running sessions scheduled before my next race in Hadano
that takes place this coming Sunday,
but I'd canceled all of them because of a pain in my right calf.
I'd had a similar problem a few years before
when I did some single-legged hill climb.
The pain is mainly caused by excessive training with too much intensity.
Complete rest is the only solution.
But today I decided to go for a trial run.
I hit the road without pre-fixing the distance nor the length of time.
I ran mainly to check my running from and how my right calf would react to the workout.
I ran 2.5 K in 11 minutes 50 seconds,
which is roughly equivalent to a 4:44/K pace.
Should I be able to keep this pace for 21.1K,
I can finish a half marathon race in just under 1 hour and 40 minutes,
which isn't so bad because my personal best is 1:39:11 that I recorded in Sanspo Chiba Marine Half Marathon 2015.

I could have gone further, but I didn't mainly because I didn't want to take a risk and get my leg injured. But it was also because I was kind of confident that the pain wouldn't affect the coming race so much.

Tomorrow I am going to do some stretching and some moderate core training.



No comments:

Post a Comment