Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Night 2.5 K Run

I ran 2.5 K after coming home from work.
It was a session that hadn't been scheduled.
Originally I was planning to do some stretching and core training.
But I changed my mind.
Reason Number 1. I wanted to run.
Reason Number 2. I wanted to run.
Reason Number 3. I wanted to run.

Fortunately, I knew better than overdoing it to exhaust myself to the point
where fatigue was unrecoverable.
I ran the same distance as yesterday--2.5 K.
Though I didn't mean to pick up the pace,
when I saw my watch at finish, it said 11:00.80.
Almost 50 seconds faster than yesterday.
My legs were light.
My breathing was easy.
There is still a slight lingering discomfort in my right calf.
By now I have given up my hope of being completely free of pain.
I will just live with the discomfort, keeping my fingers crossed
that it won't act up during the race on Sunday.
And even if it should act up, I will grit my teeth and bear,
and make my utmost effort to reach the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment