Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thursday Night 7.5 K Barefoot Run

Fully charged with energy after having a 200 g steak at "ステーキハウスおはかいっぱい"
(https://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1319/A131901/13042647/)
in Higashi Nakano, Tokyo, I went for a training run as soon as I got home.
I ran 7.5 K tonight, and I ran barefoot.
There were two important goals in today's training.
One was testing durability of my sole when I ran barefoot beyond 5 K.
The other was practicing the so-called "nanba" form of running.
In the most common from of running,
powerful arm swings are encouraged
in order to create powerful strides.
On the other hand, in the nanba form
shifting of the solar plexus comes first,
and your forward strides follow that shift one after the other.
It is a more economical from of running,
and therefore it was recommended by a friend of mine
who is an orthopedic surgeon.

The result in terms of the first goal is rather pathetic.
I got a miserable blood blister in the left sole.
Hopefully it will heal by next Thursday
when a 10 K barefoot run is scheduled.

As for the second goal,
the result was fairly satisfactory.
I was able to keep a good pace
until the end.
The details are as follows:

1st 2.5 K: 10:58.92
2nd 2.5 K: 10:51:68
Hydration stop: 8.90
3rd 2.5 K: 10:18.35
Total 7.5 K: 32:17.85 (avarage 4:18/K)


No comments:

Post a Comment