Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thursday Night 10 K Barefoot Run

I came home a little earlier than usual tonight
because I went to work early this morning
and I'm allowed to adjust my finish time accordingly.
As soon as I got home,
I had a light meal.
Once the meal was finished,
I put on my athletic gear,
and went for a training run.
Today's goal was running 10 K barefooted.
My last barefoot run was a week before.
I ran 7.5 K.
Though I was in fairly good condition,
the pace was good,
and time was satisfactory,
I got a blood blister in my left sole.
It hadn't completely healed yet,
but there was no pain.
Plus, it had reabsorbed and looked dry.
I believed it would not be much trouble.
I started off at a comfortable pace,
taking short and quick strides
so that the landing shock would be minimum.
I ran the first 2.5 K in 11:48.43.
I carried on at pretty much the same pace for the second 2.5 K,
and finished it at 11:22. 04, a bit faster.
I then took a short hydration break
before getting into the third lap.
The break was 10.60.
I ran the same route in the opposite direction
so as not to lose count.
The third lap was 11:10.41, even faster than the previous lap.
I got right into my final lap without taking a hydration break.
In the final lap I felt light, and my legs were still full of power.
I stuck with short strides and took quicker steps.
Even after increasing my pace, my breathing wasn't so difficult,
lactic acid didn't seem to develop in my legs.
I pushed on and on to finish the last lap at 10:16.46, the best lap of all four!
Total time was 44:47.94, well under 45:00.00.
I am happy.
My next training is this coming Saturday night.
I am scheduled to run 10 K again.
I was originally going to run barefoot,
but I'm not sure.
The blister is back, and it's bumped up again.
The light sole is slightly sore too.
I may put on the "MUTEKI" sock-like running shoes
for minimum protection.
It depends on how quickly my soles will recover.
Let's wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment