Sunday, October 16, 2016

Monday Morning 5 K Barefoot Run in the Rain

On Monday morning when I woke up,
it was raining,
so after quickly making myself a bowl of ramen in salty and sour soup
and sharing it with Madam Fumiko,
I changed into my athletic gear and hit the road.
I ran 5 K barefooted.
A rainy day like today is perfect for barefoot running
for a number of reasons.

One, there aren't many people running,
so I can have the road all to myself.
The feeling of occupying my entire athletic territory is refreshing.

Two, it feels less painful.
When the roads are wet,
friction is minimum between the pavement and your sole.
I can avoid blisters and minor cuts.

Three, I feel less tired.
This is because the rain allows you to radiate body heat
more effectively than when you run in dry condition.
You stay cool throughout the run,
so you can keep a good pace more easily.

Today I ran a 1 K circular course 5 times.
The laps are as follows:
1st: 4:48.25
2nd: 4:47.46
3rd: 4:43.01
4th: 4:54.71
5th: 4:36.89
Total 5 K: 23:50.32

After the training run,
I hit a shower, did the laundry,
had a cup of coffee, and left home to meet my bilingual companion
to have dinner together.
I'm hoping to have something nutritious.


No comments:

Post a Comment