Thursday, March 31, 2016

APET and Professor Koichi Watanabe's Art Exhibition

I finished doing the last of altogether six 5-hour seminars today.
I was physically completely worn out, 
but psychologically I was so rewarded and deeply satisfied.
The greatest satisfaction came from the fact
that this spring I customized all of my seminars as much as I could
by addressing questions from participants during the seminars
instead of hammering through them rigidly as scheduled.
One participant even brought copies of his textbook
because he was so at a loss about what to do with it.
His problem was everyone's problem, I thought,
so I made time to share his concern with the rest of the participants
and invited them to suggest solutions, and commented on their ideas.
The teacher looked nervous at first, 
but when the seminar was over, 
he left the venue with a smile.
I also did my best to positively acknowledge participants' concerns
whenever they asked difficult questions.
Years back when I was far less experienced than I am now,
I tended to regard difficult questions as stumbling blocks.
Now I can look on them as "needs".
If I can address them well, I can bring the seminar to a higher level of success.
Anyhow, I was so tremendously glad when they said 
that there were so many practical ideas 
that they could put into practice right away.
That's what I was aiming at more than anything else!!

When the last seminar was over, I walked from Toranomon,
across Hibiya Park, all the way to 養清堂画廊 (Youseido Art Gallery) in Ginza
to see my old friend Mr. Koichi Watanabe's art exhibition.
To see some of his works, please check the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/gakuji.yamagata/media_set?set=a.10207427779905364.1073742001.1013476131&type=3&uploaded=16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment